Thursday, January 16, 2014

And That's Why You're Single

And That's Why You're Single


How Long Do You Wait For Someone To Be Available?

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 07:47 AM PST

Name: Sandycell-phone-user-woman

Comment: Dear M0xie,

After my last relationship ended, I spent a lot of “me” time to relearn about myself and happiness. When I was finally ready to date again, I decided to use OKC. To make the long story short, I finally met a someone. He is funny, low maintenance and very easy going. The problem is his freelance work takes him two hours away during the week and he has obligations on the weekends when he’s home.

He did tell me about this work and obligations from our first date. Therefore, I can’t say I didn’t know what I was getting myself into.  I have my own obligations and responsibilities myself as well. At our age (we both in our mid 40s) we are used to a certain schedule and routine.

We both treasure the time we have and 5 months later, we’re still at it. I have deep feelings for him. Am I naive to think there will be something more in the future? Or, do I end it and save myself from another heartbreak later?

Sandy
Age: 45
City: Chicago
State: Illinois

 

The truth is that I don’t know what you should do. I would think the first thing you need to ask yourself is that, should his schedule not change, could you still keep at this relationship and be happy? If the answer is yes, then I think you need to ask this man if he sees his schedule opening up down the road. If not, then you have your answer. If you think you’re going to find yourself frustrated at his lack of availability, then it’s best for you to remove yourself from the situation.

Some people can handle these types of relationships. Others can’t. As long as the guy backs up his promises of wanting to get together with actions, I’m fine. It’s when it’s a string of comments that never result in anything that I get annoyed. You can be diplomatic without being disingenuous.

 

 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment