Wednesday, January 29, 2014

And That's Why You're Single

And That's Why You're Single


Why Some Guys Get The Side-Eye From Me

Posted: 29 Jan 2014 01:50 PM PST

Name: MonicaSuspicious_Minds_by_DCSMC
Comment: I’ve been hanging out with this guy a couple of times. He has been very vocal about liking me, saying he genuinely thinks he has a connection with me, and he wants to see where things can lead. He told me he wanted to wait a month before having sex, because he said he thought there might actually be something here and he didn’t want to ruin it by getting physical too soon. Seems pretty obvious, but he works with my best friend and she came home from work the other day and said two of the men he works with warned her about him. They said that after his 6 year relationship, he turned into a ‘player’ and that I shouldn’t get my hopes up, that he just uses women for sex. Now I’m apprehensive. I usually have a very good judge of character and he seemed sincere. I’m not sure what I should do next.
Age: 26
City: Omaha
State: NE

Any particular reason why your friend is telling your business to her co-workers?

Those guys who warned your friend about this guy remind me of the whiny dudes who convene here to complain about how all the players get the girls and how women don’t like nice guys like them. A decent person with no axe to grind would probably stay out of it. But then, a good friend wouldn’t be talking about this with guys she works with, risking the chance of it getting back to your guy.

That said, I don’t buy it. I’ve never heard a guy that wasn’t a one dimensional character in a Lifetime movie utter the words, “I think we should wait.” It sure makes him sound unique and different and unlike other men, doesn’t it? I’m guessing that’s the point. He’s in no rush to have sex with you because he either has no interest in having sex with you or has plenty of options to tide him over until he feels like he’s held out long enough to convince you he’s being genuine. And that’s when the real fun will begin.

Repeat after me: People who like sex have it.

Could he be sincere? Anything is possible. All you can do from this point on is believe him until he gives you a reason not to while at the same time safeguarding your feelings by not getting too invested.

 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment