Friday, June 20, 2014

And That's Why You're Single

And That's Why You're Single


If You Think Every Guy Is Deceptive, He Will Be #atwys

Posted: 20 Jun 2014 05:47 AM PDT

Alias (DO NOT USE A REAL NAME!!): Into him nowMagnifying-Glass-high-res-psd53394
:
Comment: I recently went out on a few (3) dates with a guy I have casually known for 6 months. Previously, I would see him in passing, speak and keep it moving. 6 months ago, we had what I thought was a casual lunch-no sparks or flirtatious banter from either of us.

We have not been intimate, but I have recently found out that he had a long-term, serious relationship with someone I know.I had no idea they dated but he knew that his ex and I knew one another.

I feel somewhat deceived but he says he meant to tell me on our first “date” but was distracted with getting to know me. We have had extensive texting  sessions,phone conversations and periods during are outings where the conversation lulled where he could have mentioned this seemingly purposeful omission.

Is this a forgivable offense or is it an indication of his “deceptive” nature?
Age: 38
City: des moine
State: iowa

 

My guess is that he never planned on telling you, at least not right away. He just said that because you were upset that he didn’t mention that relationship.

I’m not understanding what the problem is here. Is the woman he dated a close friend? If so, okay, I can see why that is a concern. But if she’s just an acquaintance, then who cares? Why is he expected to disclose all of his previous relationships to you? If the woman was a good friend, then you would have recognized him instantly. So I’m going to assume this woman he dated is someone you know through a couple degrees.

This feels like a make a problem, have a problem situation. I’m not sure how you found out the identity of his ex, although I think we all know the possibles methods you could have used. This is why I assert that people who go digging through Google and Facebook for information are looking for reasons to reject someone. I’m not sure if that’s what you did, but if it is, I think it sucks that you trolled the internet trying to do your research.

I would bet that in at least half the cases of those “gut feelings” that something is “off” what’s really “off” is that they know that person they’re researching is out of their league. All these stories we hear about people being scammed and lied to and finding out “horrible” things about their dates need to be taken with a large grain of salt. I’m especially suspicious of the folks who have multiple stories about being catfished or scammed. Like, really? You didn’t learn the first time?

If this is the “worst” thing you could find out about him, count yourself lucky and get over it. Big deal. He didn’t tell you he dated someone you kinda sorta know.

 

Psst! Like our new Facebook page, please?

Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on InstagramFollow Us on FeedBurner

 

One on One Dating Profile Review

Get a 45 minute one on one review of your profile with me.  I'll go over your picture selection and ad text and let you know if your profile includes any buzz words or red flags. I'll also help you tweak/write your profile if it needs some freshening up.

$45 – INCLUDES:

 

  • *Profile analysis (45 minute phone session.)
  • *Assistance with editing and re-writes.
  • *Photo selection and review.
  • *Feedback about specific issues and experiences.
  • *Site selections  and Pros & Cons of the more popular dating sites.
  • *Overview of online dating basics – how to write intro messages, how to draw more attention to your profile, how to sort your searches so you can see profiles you might be missing.

 

$45 (Use code BLOG to save $10)

 

Eventbrite - Master Match.com & OKCupid

 

Let Me Write Your Profile For You

$75 – INCLUDES:

 

  • *A complete re-write of your self-summary and other profile sections as well as what you are looking for in a partner or date.
  • *Assistance with editing and re-writes.
  • *Photo selection and review.
  • *Feedback about specific issues and experiences.
  • *Site selections and Pros & Cons of the more popular dating sites.
  • *Learn how to write better intro messages that will get responses
  • *Get tips to draw more attention to your profile
  • *Learn how to sort your searches so you can see profiles you might be missing.

 

$75 (Use code BLOG to save $10)

 

Eventbrite - Master Match.com & OKCupid

 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment